About Me

My photo
Capac/Yale/Warren, michigan, United States
I am a 27 year old mother to be. This blog is meant to share my ups and downs during this, my first pregnancy. I'm super excited, and terrified. There are a lot of unknowns in my future, but baby I am so down for the ride.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Crafty, thought I'd share :)

For the past two days I've been working on things for the shower. Getting gift baskets started, doing some crafts for prizes and the tables.. Some of the crafts I like so much I thought I'd share with ya'll!!

First I decided to make small prizes for one of the games that will have more than one winner. We had an excess of baby food jars (from a stash I found in my old garage rafters) and I liked the idea of the "baby theme" with them. We bought a few fragrances of bath salts, also cleaned and DE- labeled the jars. for this project I also used the following

Spray paint
ribbon
glitter
spray adhesive
printable labels                                Here is the result
Spray painted the lids, then used spray adhesive and a sprinkle of glitter

 Filled the jars, ties some bows, and customized and printed the lables
 They ended up turning out great!!



Here is something great that I discovered about the labels!! You customize them online, and then just print them, By going to www.avery.com/print (which was provided with the purchase) You can get all kinds of templates for any size label, and customize them however you want to... So I thought, what else can I use this feature for, besides just this one thing.

I needed to print out some little inserts for the invitations, with tips about the hall location. By going to the site I could use any template for labels I wanted, and print a full sheet on card stock instead of pre-cut labels.

This is what I was able to create!!
But I'm just thinking ahead, how useful this site will be for save the dates, registry information, direction inserts in any type of invite.  the sizes and possibilities are endless.



Ok last craft of the day.
For this one I needed the following
Themed sheets of scrapbook paper (got them for 50% off of 59 cents at hobby lobby)
cup cake paper cups
blank stencil sheets
free online print out of design.

I printed out the outline for 2 different flower shapes that I liked from Google Images,
Then I cut them out and traced them onto the blank stencil sheets.
I then cut the flower out of the blank and ended up with my stencils.
I labeled my stencils 1 and 2 and also marked which side needed to be up, it was a tight fit on the paper, and it all needed to be uniform.

On the back of the scrapbook paper I traced out one of each flower, and then did A LOT of cutting.
those are 2 of the many "baby" themed designs that I cut

The next steps just required me to glue (I used Elmers glue stick) the cupcake cups into the middle of each flower. 


These I will use to scatter on tables at the shower and fill with pretzels or chex mix for the guest... I for one think they are super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment