About Me

My photo
Capac/Yale/Warren, michigan, United States
I am a 27 year old mother to be. This blog is meant to share my ups and downs during this, my first pregnancy. I'm super excited, and terrified. There are a lot of unknowns in my future, but baby I am so down for the ride.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

How far along am I really??

Why is it so confusing to know how far along I am in my pregnancy? (sounds dumb) but I keep confusing myself..

Here's how.. I know that I am 18 weeks and 6 days exactly today.. I have this book called the pregnancy journal, according to my book you are 6 months pregnant at 21 weeks, so I would basically be 2 weeks away from 6 months. EXCEPT that this doesn't make since according to the actual calendar..

So then I begin looking and I notice my book is going by something called Lunar months. (HUH??) Technically your due date is 9 months and 7 days or 40 weeks away from the last normal menstrual period.  And it's split into 3 trimesters. Apparently (and this is the internet talking) it can also be split evenly in 10 lunar months, because it is 280 days long...

Why on earth make it so confusing to explain to people?? I have to laugh because I always wondered why when you asked a pregnant woman how far along she was the answer always came in weeks.. Well now I know!! Because they don't have a freaking clue what month they are in.. hahaha All I know is that in 2 weeks I'm going to be 21weeks along, which is either 5 months and a handful of days, or 6 months if we are talking Lunar.. You figure it out.

Just thought I'd share, since I posted onto my Facebook that I was almost 6 months and then it didn't make sense in my head how that could be true.. haha well in any case in 20 weeks and 1 day or less, theres going to be a new baby in this world :)

P.S. I GET TO FIND OUT WHAT BABY IS IN THE MORNING, AND I'LL BE BLOGGING ABOUT IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment