About Me

My photo
Capac/Yale/Warren, michigan, United States
I am a 27 year old mother to be. This blog is meant to share my ups and downs during this, my first pregnancy. I'm super excited, and terrified. There are a lot of unknowns in my future, but baby I am so down for the ride.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Little man has a name!

Well Mike and I have named our son... Aiden Eli Shaw will be joining us sometime this September!

I couldn't be happier about the name, and we both love it. I wanted an Irish name, and Aiden just popped out at me. As far as the Eli it's after my grandfather, whose middle name was actually Elias, but I shortened it.

Mike has heard so many stories about my grandpa Finn, and I couldn't think of a better way to show how much he meant to me. Aiden will get to learn all about his great grandfather, and thanks to my wonderful parents who saved everything, my son will get to swing in the swing that my grandpa made, and use the rocking horse he made for me as a little girl, as well as play with all the wonderful wooden train sets and toys that my grandpa made for me by hand..

There isn't enough things I can say to explain how talented my grandpa was, those of you that knew him, or have seen his work, you know exactly what I mean... It was very important for me to keep some part of my family in Aidens name. And I'm already ordering my dad around telling him he better do things for Aiden like my grandpa did for me..

And Yes this means having an Elf rock at the end of the driveway.. (This probably requires some explaining)
There was a rock at the end of my grandparents drive way. It was there for all of us grand-kids, the corner of the rock could be picked up and lifted off, and it had a little cave in it. My grandpa told us this story about how there were little elves that lived in the ditch, and when kids came over to visit, if we were good, the elves knew it and would put money in the rock for us. So EVERY TIME we came to visit, my sister and I would race to the end of the driveway, and sure enough there was change left for us by "the elves" aka grandpa.. It is one of my favorite memories..

 Aiden is going to have a wonderful childhood.. and I cannot wait for him to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment