About Me

My photo
Capac/Yale/Warren, michigan, United States
I am a 27 year old mother to be. This blog is meant to share my ups and downs during this, my first pregnancy. I'm super excited, and terrified. There are a lot of unknowns in my future, but baby I am so down for the ride.

Friday, March 9, 2012

First comes marriage then comes baby in a ...... Wait I think I'm doing this backwards :)

So here's a little story...
about a man named mike,
who went to sleep one night,
and woke up engaged!!

(It didn't really happen quite like that, lol but here is the story, just the same)

 
        Mike and I have talked in the past numerous times about getting married.. We know when, and where, who would be in the wedding, ect ect ect... It didn't really make sense that we weren't engaged a long time ago...
       He knows what kind of ring I want, where we would go to get it..... LMAO so pretty much we've been engaged for ever, we just never said it to each other. More recently I've been hearing, "I've got to save some money for a ring", and him telling me he wants to ask me, but he needs to think of a special way..

I'm all for special and a pretty ring, but THIS GIRL GOT IMPATIENT!!


We will have our 5 year anniversary just before the baby is born, We've lived together for 4 years, we are having a baby together.... seems kinda of obvious what was next..

I was sitting on the couch last night pondering this while mike was sleeping...... and the next thing I know I'm in the bedroom waking him up..


Here's how it went:

"mike?"
waking up a little confused.. "what?"
"well I've been thinking and.... Can we be engaged?"
Now he's a little more alert "Yeah"
"OK I'm putting it on facebook!"
Now hes really awake, "OK but I wanted to do something special!"
"well, just make something up.."
He smiled, and just to test him, I said "I'm serious I putting in for everyone to see."
"go ahead, we're engaged...." and then, he fell back to sleep... LOL

How romantic was that???


And that my friends is pretty much the jest of it...
 We did talk about it again, and by all his smiles I know he was happy about it,
 and I joked to him, he's the only man that's gotten engaged in his sleep....
 He's happy, I'm happy.... We both knew we were going to be together forever...
 The details of the down on one knee BLAH BLAH BLAH don't really matter here....

WE'RE ENGAGED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment